From mobile software founder to President of NCR Small Business, Chris Poelma has spent nearly three decades developing innovative, high-growth businesses in the technology industry.
In April 2015, Chris joined NCR Corporation as President and General Manager of NCR Small Business. Chris oversees a very talented and ambitious team who drive business model innovations targeted towards small business owners. NCR Silver, their solution, is a cloud-based point-of-sale solution that delivers value beyond the point of sale to help businesses of all sizes, throughout the globe, drive success. As a pioneer in the financial tech industry, NCR Silver powers millions of daily transactions across the retail, hospitality, venue and service industries. With brands such as Waffle House, Mercedes Benz Stadium, Great American Cookies and Which Wich, NCR Silver is proud to partner with some
of the fastest growing businesses on the globe.
Chris is accelerating the pace and execution of strategic partnerships, marketing, sales, and engineering to establish NCR Silver as the premier technology partner for small businesses. With this vast tech knowledge and experience, Chris regularly attends and speaks at industry events and interview.
Below are some of the many events and interviews that Chris has been involved in:
• FinTech South 2018/2019: One of the Southeast’s largest events dedicated to financial tech trends.
• Cheddar 2017: Interviewed on Live television, discussed taking your business cashless.
• Cloud Summit 2017: Delivering revenue with a total package of solutions and how to sell a solution as a package deal.
• MSNBC: Sponsored by American Express, Chris interviewed with MSBNC, discussing how to attract new customers and encourage brand loyalty.
• NBC News Affiliate – 11 Alive News (Atlanta Tech Edge): Chris explained Mobile Payments and how to use technology to yield better business results.
• Mobility Live 2015: The session, entitled Paid in Full in Your Pocket: mPayments – Nascent or Natural, focused on the disruption in payment options and how retailers can adapt to satisfy consumer demand.
• Money 20/20: Keynote speaker, discussed innovation in payments.
Prior to joining NCR Small Business, Chris founded QwikCart®, an innovative mobile software company which provides businesses and consumers access to powerful retailing, transportation and entertainment solutions. Before QwikCart, Chris co-founded, served as CTO, and assisted in an Initial Public Offering (IPO) with USInternetworking, now AT&T Enterprise Application Services. He has led five startup software companies to successful liquidity events as CEO including ControlPath, Comprehensive Software Systems (CSS), and Magellan Network. Additionally, Chris has worked as an executive within industry notables Microsoft, Sun Microsystems and EDS. Over the course of his career, Chris has closed over $70 Million in private equity.